Bambooty | Bamboo Lined Swim Nappy
- Bamboo lined for ultimate comfort
- gentle, elasticised leg cuffs for maximum leak protection.
- Designed for use in swimming pools and beaches!
- Available in a range of print options, just for fun!
ALSO - great to use for potty training! These are not designed to replace a day or night time nappy, however they do a great job of containing accidents giving you time to head to the bathroom discretely to clean up. These are great for potty training and combining with ECing for times when managing a mess on the floor/seat wouldn't be so easy. Eg: wedding, funeral, airport etc.
- Available in 4 sizes. Please see the size chart below as a guide only.
- PLEASE NOTE - Bambooty’s Swim nappies are designed to be a snug fit. Particularly around the legs. A good seal can provide maximum containment.
NB (or Small)
3 kg - 6.5 kg
5.5 kg - 10.5 kg
9.5 kg - 16.5 kg
12 kg - 20 kg
- Water entering into the swim nappy may loosen the contents possibly causing leakage.
- Put the nappy on, one leg at a time, is the easiest way we found.
- Once the nappy is on, wriggle the leg cuffs up as high as possible for a comfortable fit with amazing containment!
- Please don’t hesitate to contact us (Bambooty) if you need help from the experts.
- Please see our blog for tipson fitting our nappies
Before using your new nappy please prewash to remove any manufacturing residues. Also soaking the nappy in water overnight seems to help build up the absorbency. Keep in mind that bamboo may take up to 8 washes to maximise its absorbency.
Keep the nappy in a dry lidded nappy bucket until a load for washing has accumulated. There is no need for dangerous buckets of water full of chemicals around the house.
Wet nappies can be placed straight in the dry bucket although saturating them with a nappy/toilet sprayer/bidet or under the tap will increase the longevity of your nappies as urine is very acidic (actually alkaline, but has an acidic effect on fabrics) and will wear out the fabrics and elastic faster.*
Soiled nappies are very similar. Simply dispose of your nappy liner if using one, tip rolling poos straight into the loo or rinse off the poo by using a toilet/nappy sprayer/bidet or tap water and saturate before placing in your lidded nappy bucket.
Washing is easy.
- Can be washed with mild detergent
- Do not use bleach, fabric softeners, or vinegar
- Do not use products containing enzymes
- Pre-rinse, particularly soiled nappies
- Suede cloth is stain resistant and any residing stains are best treated by the sun only
- Tip – baking soda increases pH, neutralises odours helps to break down residue which may be causing leaks and unwanted smell. Use it sparingly in the wash, in the dry nappy bucket, or as a separate wash for nappies with a residual smell. Regular use may lead to a shortened life span of your nappies.
Can be naturally air dried out in sunlight which is best, however gas or electric dryers can be used.
Notes and Pointers
- Swim nappy that are wet from swimming can be treated just like normal swimmers, and air dry them.
- Soiled swim nappy should be rinsed to remove any solids, then washed in the washing machine as per regular nappy washing suggestions in the above.
Swim Nappy, Rashie and Hat
- After use, rinse thoroughly in cold water and squeeze dry.
- Can be naturally air dried under the sunlight, however it may reduce the longevity of the elastane in the fabric.
- To speed up drying time or before placing in your wet bag, lay it flat on a towel, roll up the towel and twist or stand on the towel, this will remove a lot of the water from the rashie, hat and swim nappy in particular.
* Varying urine concentrations will have different impacts on the nappies. Urine PH increases in alkalinity the longer it is left which has an acidic impact on the natural fabrics, possibly wearing them out faster than you or I would like. As described above, saturating the nappies will increase the longevity of the nappies, by diluting the urine until they are washed every other day.
Please don't hesitate to Bambooty if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please take into consideration cleaning cleaning/care instructions,
- Cleaning of the nappies.
- Keeping unnecessary chemicals off the babies skin where they could be absorbed.
- Consider the impact cleaning and detergent productshave on our environment.
- Meeting or exceeding Standards Australia's care instruction requirements.
At Bambooty we always strive to provide you with the best products, information and advice or help we possibly can. We are currently working with our very own Dr. Rebecca Gehling (Qualifications: BForensicSci (Hons) PhD (Deakin University) currently working as an Environmental and Analytical Chemist) to further investigate our cleaning instructions to ensure they remain the best we can provide you.
As with all our washing needs (t-shirts, jeans, towels etc) individual washing routines will vary from 1 household/baby to another. Variations to consider are – concentrations level of urine and faeces, how long the nappies are left for before being washed, whether they are rinsed first, the type of water, the sensitivity of the baby's skin, whether to put stain removal above chemical free cleaning, or how much sunlight/UV rays are available when drying.
Australia only - We have always recommended using Eco Store as our suggested washing powder when asked. We feel Eco Store aligns to our goals, of cleaning, whilst remaining healthy on the baby's skin and the environment and have been happily using their products for many years now on both MCNs and all our washing. We have eczema in the family and have found Eco store to be gentle on all skin types. It was recommended to us by Eco Store to use half strength detergent for especially sensitive skin, please adjust your dosage based on your own trial and errors.
For more information on washing powder quantities look here*
*Please note, this post is not designed to advise anyone on what to do or not to do.
If you aren't happy with the washing results you are getting, then alter things. Some suggestions include, a longer wash, a soak in the wash cycle, adding some more detergent, trying a different detergent, rinsing asap after changing if you weren't already.
Very happy with the nappy I received. The fit is great & the quality of the material is beautiful. Thanks very much guys!